Mar 5, 2014

Lent Begins

What to do about Lent. . .that’s right: Lent: March 5th to April 17th.

Here was my brainstorm - my brainstorms, by the way, are normally around food. I think because food is something I seem to have more control over because it is something that is entirely my choice from start to finish - and entirely necessary.

Giving Up Food Things
I was originally going to go vegan – until I mentioned this to my devastatingly handsome fiance, Bob. He brought up a point best show in a list of what I could eat if I went vegan.

  • Wheat.
  • Beans.
  • Soy.
  • Fruits.
  • Vegetables.
  • Nuts.

Going to have to toss that idea. Sticking to a pescatarian diet involves eating fish – which is doable. Since I will be in training, I’m going to have to up my food intake.

Giving up Spoons and Forks
Using just chopsticks or hands? I’m embarrassed to admit how much I use my hand when eating. I also drink a lot of stuff out of the Nutribullet.

I am also not sure how this will go over at restaurants or with my family – one of the big points of Lent (that I was taught) is your actions during lent should not call unnecessary attention to yourself or make other people uncomfortable.

Then I came across this calender from BustedHalo.com that offers a suggestion of what to fast, give and pray for each day. For example, on one day you would:

  • FAST from watching or streaming television shows today.
  • PRAY for a sign of God’s presence when you’re being tested today.
  • GIVE everyone you encounter today an encouraging word or smile.

Solicitation
If you have any idea of good things to give up or give to for Lent, let me know! I basically have until I wake up this morning to decide!


The Adventure Continues
Do you have a suggestion or want to see me attempt something and write about it? Drop me an email at AdventuringAmanda@gmail.com with your suggestions

0 comments:

Post a Comment