Jul 1, 2013

Take a Picture a Day – Follow Up

Mission level: General fail

Background
Back on the last day of May, I took on a lengthy challenge, which you can read about, know as Take One Picture A Day.

How hard can this be? Oddly enough, it sort of moves between being hard and being easy.

I take a lot of pictures of Lucky – my latest foster cat. Because he’s just so damn cute and he does funny things.

I wanted to take pictures that were really “deep” or “meaningful” and came to the conclusion, the mundane can be quite significant. Sort of like when I was in this second-hand/vintage shop and there was old yearbooks and autograph books – many with mundane pictures of people doing mundane things and writing about mundane events – and I realized I was holding someone’s lost item. Someone’s autograph book filled with signatures and happy notes. The notes, the people and the time was unknown to me but it felt significant that here I was holding it. Who could have ever imagined?

Progress
I set up a separate folder in my DropBox for photos for this mission, and, well. . .I sort of took the same amount of photos I take on a normal basis.

Anyhow, here are my first 30 pictures! And by 30, I mean 18.

My life is boring

True story. Boring life. I don't have many things to take pictures of except for myself and my cat. Bummer.

Future Plans
I am torn between trying this again or giving up. I think it ties back into wanting to find or see something meaningful or dramatic. I guess I have a lot of friends who sort of do that. Then again, they are far less structured and seem to always be going to the beach or hanging out with friends.

Since I am an introvert who works a normal 9-5 job and who doesn't like to take a lot of pictures of other people, either, I don't have a wonderful canvas.

And, with that said - I feel it is even more important to try this again. 

Be Part of the Adventure
Do you have a suggestion or want to see me attempt something? Drop me an email at AdventuringAmanda@gmail.com with your suggestion.

0 comments:

Post a Comment