Jul 3, 2013

Learn to Play Dominoes

Bob, my hot tomali man-friend, and I journeyed to his brother’s house for dinner on Saturday night. I did not pass any United States Post Offices. I should also make it clear that it was Bob’s brother’s finance who made dinner. And it was fan-damn-tastic.

If you don’t know, I love me some good chicken and rice. And it was a strewed chicken over rice and I was the only one who ate two platefuls. I actually have traded out the rice in my diet for quinoa because I don’t @#$% it up as much so some good ol’ rice was super delicious.

The Background
Bob’s family play games. This is very alien to me because my family does not play games. Traditionally, we hunt and drink. And shoot guns. And eat. Debate. Mostly drink. Before I met Bob, I think the last time I even played a game was Apples to Apples in 2003. Before that, it was probably when my age was a single digit.

In college, when people wanted to play drinking games, I would totally laugh at them. Why am I playing a game to dictate when I drink? I’m just going to finish my beer like an adult.

Anyhow, Bob’s world is all about games.

This isn't a bad thing – he taught me how to play Rummy 500 and pinochle. I love 500. I do not love pinochle.

[Sorry babe, I love you a great deal but I don’t think I will ever enjoy pinochle.]

The Game
I only played dominoes once. It was a long time ago and there was also food around so I was really more interested in the food.

My first thought was there were a lot less dominoes than I remembered. I think we were playing some other type of game. I also remember in kindergarten was had a big box of dominoes  o build things with. I assumed that was the game.

The game was pretty fun. We played in teams and the game involves strategies like counting and suits and stuff. I didn't really pick up on that. As with most games, at certain points someone would call out how they knew what everyone had or how my love or I screwed someone. I couldn't figure it out too well. But, with good people, it was fun.

Future Plans
I bought a pack of dominoes.

For reals.

Since I spend Sunday mostly alone, I tried to get the cat to play with me.

Your move, buddy!

Then I learned how to play Castle Rock. I found trying to read the instructions more confusing for other games. Ahh well, it will be something fun my man-friend and I can play.

Be Part of the Adventure
Do you have a suggestion or want to see me attempt something? Drop me an email at AdventuringAmanda@gmail.com with your suggestio


0 comments:

Post a Comment