Feb 5, 2016

Things I Eat: Orange Anise Chicken Thighs

I'm not sure I can eat olives. IDK, man. IDK.

Here was my out-of-the-box dinner since we have a lot of oranges. No survy here! All I really needed was the anise which is aka as fennel. It tastes great raw, like a light licorice. And I dislike licorice. I'm a complicated person.

What You Need

  • 1 bulb fennel: Slice that into long stripes. Eat some. YOLO.
  • 1 onion: I used a sweet onion  but other recipes say to use red onion. Whatever.
  • Green olives: I got uncurred ones not package in vinegar because of the yeast thing.
  • Garlic: Minced from my jar-stash. I used a healthy soup spoon full.
  • Olive oil for coating
  • 1 orange: Don't peel, just slice them into fourths or eights.
  • A pack of chicken thighs
  • White rice: You know, to serve with it



What You Do
Preheat oven to 400 degrees.

Combine the fennel, onion, olives, garlic, in a baking dish and mix 'em all up - I think I used my dutch oven because it's how I live.

Season the chicken with paprika and onion powder - use a little oil. Just coat 'em a little with some nice seasoning.

Cook for about 30 minutes, rotate the pan if your oven is a gateway to Hell and unpredictable. Check it after 30 - cook a little longer if you have to. Chicken should not be raw.


Take out of the oven and mix up the onions, olives and orange with the chicken.


This is a delightful dish! I crushed up the orange a little over the chicken and make sure to spoon in some juices. The olives, mine were brine, so it added a punch of salt and sweet. Give it a shot!

This is more of how the artful people make it:Broiled Chicken Thighs with Oranges, Fennel and Green Olives

post signature

0 comments:

Post a Comment