Feb 29, 2016

Maddy Responds to: Dumbing Down

A friend posted this on Facebook. . .'cause it's funny.

The video was filmed in Texas by a company called Gorilla Pig and had the description

Gorilla Pig
It's official: the dumbing down of America is a success!!!
“Politically-Challenged” produced by PoliTech. Posted by Gorilla Pig™.


OMG, they found some people who when put on the spot and asked questions that college kids totally should know but probably haven't had to access for years because they got a lot going on. . they say the wrong thing.

Goddamn motherf***ing idiots! Right?! Our world is doomed. So doomed. This is what happens when those people get elected we don't like and stuff we all know should have happened didn't happen and now we have this horrible situation that means we all suffer because everyone but us is dumb!

Break. The. Cycle.
I remember when my parents and grandparents said the same thing about me and my brother and my generation.

How I was dumb, ill-informed, lazy and was ungrateful for everything - also I wore pants, which was just disrespectful. And I didn't know who won the French-Indian War. I couldn't tell you the five major factors that led to World World 1 and until the end of High School, I actually have difficulty remembering the differences between WW1 and WW2. In college, I believe I once said Lyndon B. Johnson was known for flying around the world.

Look, folks. Stop this. This is bullying. This is making a statement for drama.

This is where we are all the same as long as we adhere to the tradition of highlighting how awful younger generations are to feed our own ego. They are not dumb or losers or vapid. They are people. Just like us. And they will do the same amount of great things and horrible things we have done and generations before us have done.


post signature

0 comments:

Post a Comment