Aug 3, 2015

Emergency Foster Babies!

Even though I don't normally foster kittens in the summer - or cats, but, less cats since Lucky only really likes kittens - there was an emergency call with so many regular fosters going on vacation.

I ended up with three Siamese kittens and three tabby kittens. And hilarity ensued. Sure, the husband might have had a slight meltdown, but, he doesn't come from an animal type background of any kind, so, it can be overwhelming. I was just glad none of these kits got put down. 

Other than I had six kittens and six names and had no idea who was who.



After getting them scanned and vaccinated in two batches - the two Siamese kittens went pretty fast. 


One of the tabbies named Sneakers went really fast.



The lynx point Siamese kitten went to the store - where I assumed she would be adopted really fast - but she ended p getting more lethargic and sick. She was taken to someone with better kitten skills and has been doing better. Once she is cleared, she will probably get into a home right away.

Because we had an wild outbreak of ringworm (check out my Fun With Ringworm post) I ended up getting two of the kittens back. Their names are Love Bug and Socks - but I call them Fabrizio and Tuffs. Once they are done a round of treatment, they will be ready for a furever home!

In fact, Tuffs, who didn't have ringworm on him, might even be going home sooner. 

Let's all hear it for my husband who has endured this madness against his better judgement.





0 comments:

Post a Comment