Mar 9, 2015

Wedding Review: The Ladies

Remember when I got married? TIME TO RELIVE. Nothing like getting your photos back from your photographer to get you in the mood to share the stuff you got for your wedding.

And by “you” I mean “me.”

'cause this is my blog.

I think what I enjoyed was seeing how the pieces I put together came together. As a fake-artist and all around. . mm. .dumb kid, it's rare I get to see something move from planning stages into real life production. I think this type of project fruition (or furwishion as I spelled it the first time) is rare for someone like me yet very rewarding. 

I mean, sure, I got married which is the penultimate of my life as a female - one step down from baring children. (Notice, I used penultimate correctly.)

Anyhow, here are the digs!

My Dress
I really wanted a lace dress. Something very simple in design with lace from top to bottom. I like lace. I like a lot of wedding dress designs - but some will look very aged and old fashion as soon as the next season comes out. 

I really liked my dress - I loved the lace was almost art deco. It is the Allure 2600. Here is how it looked on the model, how it looked hanging and how it looked on me. 


Accessories
In my haiz I wore Ever Faith's  5 Inch Wedding Rose Simulated Pearl Hair Comb Clear Austrian Crystal. I thought it would fit in with the prongs going down but my hair couldn't hold it. My stylist found it worked much better at an angle. She did this thing where it looked like my hair was half-gathered by the comb. I never really saw it. 


Around my neck, I wore Ever Faith's Bridal Silver-Tone Art Deco Flower Leaf Necklace Earrings Set Clear Austrian Crystal. This is really a beautiful piece. I got to wear it again going out to with my lady-friends for a more posh dinner. I'm going to find more places to wear it, for sure.



My shoes created quite a stir - because when do you get to wear ridiculous shoes anymore? I got mine from China - which I do not like doing because sizes are totally different (and they won't tell you) and shipping takes forever. And you can't return anything without paying a lot more. I lucked out with Honeystore's Women's Diamonds and Rhinestone Satin Pumps



Bridesmaids
My lady-friends are super hot, might I add. How like disgustingly charming are they? Lucked out in the first department, that's for sure. 

You can read my thoughts in my post Why Davids Bridal Sucks. I did get this dress style from them - it was on sale. I let the girls pick out any dress they wanted - but I did ask they try this on. It was a hit and I think they all look great. Maybe they can wear it again? I suggested chopping off the skit because a nice satin skit with a sweater is nice. Or just wear the sweater. I like it.

It was a Style Satin Wide Strap Tea Length Dress - this is the model in it


And these are my girls - who blow that model out of the water! Seriously, these foxy-ladies should be on Pinterest and in a magazine or something.



Stay tuned for the boy installment!

0 comments:

Post a Comment