Mar 18, 2012

Manda's Century: Miles and Fear

Training began this Monday and I couldn't have asked for better weather. Additionally, I now have free access to a gym. I am not sure how I am going to use it, exactly, but, I'm sure some weight training and cardio could go on in there during rainy days.

Rest is also important so I can't be going there on my off-biking days. 

Ride Stats
Here is what I got in for the week. I got two short rides in of abut 6.5 miles, but, the second time I went out RunKeeper hiccuped and the second part of my ride didn't transfer over to the system. I had to manually plug it in. However, both rides were about the same in length and time.

Short ride 2X

I got out on Saturday for my long ride, which meant packing up everything in my trunk and heading to the trail. I was debating riding locally, I was also debating how long I wanted my long ride to be. I figured 12 miles would be on track. Then I thought I needed to hit 20. Then I thought 10 would be better. I ended up doing 14.

Long ride
Next Steps
I have to hit some good hills because my next event will be the Girls With Gears event on Sunday, April 22, 2012. It is run through Carol for Heart which is an organization that works to raise awareness of women's heart disease.

My bike buddy and I signed up for the 26 (hilly) miles. Eep!

Fear
I know my choices and resistance to training and indecision about the gym crops up from the fear of my Adrenal Fatigue. I still don't know what my limit is and one "over doing it" means I could be out of commission for months and have to start all over. Not to mention the months of fatigue, pain and fuzzy-brain. 

I also know I can't compartmentalize my training. It is a part of what I do right along side dating, working and dealing with friends and family. Keeping balance is important.


Manda's Century
You can follow my biking adventures by checking out my Manda's Century Ride page. It lists (in convenient bullet form) the lessons I have learned and has links to each of my biking related posts.

Be Part of the Adventure
Do you have a suggestion or want to see me attempt something? Drop me an email at AdventuringAmanda@gmail.com with your suggestion.

0 comments:

Post a Comment