Nov 20, 2011

Manda's Century: Back and Forth

It's been a week - let me explain.

First, on Monday I went to look at some cats. You know, see this lady about a cat and about 3 hours later. . .
Love me
This is Charlie, the new guy in my life. Yes, I took that first step toward becoming the crazy cat lady. Charlie is about 8 months, he has Feline Leukemia Virus (FeLV) but is doing just fine. FeLV in cats isn't like leukemia in people. I found this fact sheet from Cornell University which was also helpful.

Second, on Wednesday, it was the year anniversary of Dr. Burke passing away. He was the man who saved my life. He was probably one of the most caring, gentle and intelligent people I have ever met. He was really a true gentleman - just happened to never, ever be on time. His death was very sudden and sad and the world is a little less without him.

Dr. Burke
Third, I took Friday off so I could drive my friend Karen to get a treatment for her Lyme and/or other related illnesses. She is dependent on other people to drive her for treatments and, seriously, I'm going to pick someone's life over going to work any day.

So, biking has suffered a bit.


This minor ride was horrible. Horrible. I started dry heaving - poor sleep, poor eating and missing some meds really added up this week. I turned around to head home thinking I was wussing out and dry heaved some more on the way back. Monday will be better.

Lessons Learned
Look, sometimes life gets in the way. I know it is super important to eat right and, you know, take my medications, but one of those two things has been a little difficult lately.

I am going to try to ride in the corporate parking lot this week to ramp up my miles. If not, I am going to have to get more accustom to riding the streets at night. Maybe it would be worth hitting the path - which is safer for riding, but, against the law.

Weird.

The local government would prefer me to ride in the dark with the cars than in the dark on a public trail. I understand they don't want "dem kids" drinking and whatnot on the path, but, also limits any other activity.

Blah!


Manda's Century
You can follow my biking adventures by checking out my Manda's Century Ride page. It lists (in convenient bullet form) the lessons I have learned and has links to each of my biking related posts.

Be Part of the Adventure
Do you have a suggestion or want to see me attempt something? Drop me an email at AdventuringAmanda@gmail.com with your suggestion.

0 comments:

Post a Comment