Oct 10, 2011

Manda's Century:Columbus Day Post

Hello! For the first time in my 31 years - I have off on Columbus Day. Nope, didn't prepare anything. I'm just going to toot my own horn about my bike riding adventures!
Yes, I have tiger ears on my helmet

Yesterday, I had an awesome day at the Central Bucks Bicycle Club (CBBC) 31st Annual Covered Bridges Bike Ride. I did about 30 miles with my bike buddy. The only bummer was I couldn't eat anything after the ride. AH!

Well, I had some string cheese and applesauce. I couldn't eat the sloppy-joes because I can't have vinegar (which is in BBQ sauce) and I couldn't eat the veggie burgers because they were laced with beans and soy.

However, it was a beautiful day and I feel more confident in my endurance riding. I feel like I could totally pump up my routine and do 40 miles next. Almost half way to a Century.

Of course, I couldn't have rocked the ride without my bike buddy. She was a real trooper since she hurt her foot a little dancing at her friend's wedding and then couldn't sleep past 3am. Poor girl. She was right by my side, though, and of course getting all types of compliments on her little devil horns.
As she told me, we are totally going to be doing the MS bike ride next year. Holla! I am going to start training now.

But, seriously, did you see how awesome my tiger ears are?

Manda's Century
You can follow my biking adventures by checking out my Manda's Century Ride page. It lists (in convenient bullet form) the lessons I have learned and has links to each of my biking related posts.

Be Part of the Adventure
Do you have a suggestion or want to see me attempt something? Drop me an email at AdventuringAmanda@gmail.com with your suggestion.

0 comments:

Post a Comment