Feb 6, 2017

Things I Eat: Nut Cheese

Nut cheese. The vegan rage. Well, I know you can make nut cheese but I have been cheese-less for so long, I don't even know. 

Sure, sometimes I miss a nice bree and glass of wine, but, I can't have either so. Whatever. Sometimes, when accepting a lifestyle, you have to accept not accepting certain things. Right? That sounds about right. 

Anyhow, I was bouncing around Whole Foods hoping not to run into anyone, and behold, there was this nut cheese. Most "vegan cheese" is soy/tofu so I can't have it. You know, when God hates you, it's never half-assed. 

Anyhow, I picked up this cheese from TreeLine. It's really expensive, like $8 for this Classic Aged Nut Cheese.


And, yes, I bought and took pictures of this a long time ago, ignore the expiration date.



I think it is actually a pretty good cheese if you wanted to serve it to a vegan or use it in a recipe. It tastes like I remember cheese tasting. I think if you put this on a cheese board with people who could and wanted to consume dairy, this would be a hit. It was tangy and good.

I mean. . .you know. If you wanted to.

I did also go back and get their soft cheese which I use like a dip for tater chips. It was also tangy and good.

Nothing against this cheese, I just don't think I miss cheese so much that I will be buying a lot of this. I just don't miss cheese at the "$8 worth" level. If I did one day have a dinner party, I'm pretty sure I. . .uhh. . .HAHAHAHAHA. . .yeah. 

Nut cheese. It's good if you really need to have cheese made with nuts. 

0 comments:

Post a Comment