Dec 27, 2012

Listen the Radio


Mission Level
Fail

Buuuzzzzz
Sounds simple, right? It's not. I don't listen to the radio. I am not "into" music. I think everyone thinks they are "into music" and I like music - look, I played classic piano for 12 years.

A lot of times, coworkers come up to me and say, "Hey, did you hear on Preston and Steve that. . ." or even general comments about my lack of knowledge when it comes to popular artists or songs. I just don't listen to the radio.

I tried - really, I did. I can't do it.

Why Failure?
I hate radio deejays (DJs) are annoying. They talk over the music, yak without getting to the point. And then they yak some more about other stuff that no more cares about. Additionally, more often than not, they are inaccurate.

I hate advertisements - well, not totally, I hate it when they get in the way of my objective.  I think I once had a whole commute of 20 minutes full of me searching for a radio station not playing some commercial. Or someone talking. Or prank calling. I hate the prank calling.

I listen to a selection of music that is familiar and known to me. In my world, everything was always out of control and each second was always a huge unknown. I like sort of knowing what music is coming up next. Also, humans link music to memories which is why music is so powerful to everyone.

For me, it was a method I used to remind myself of things. It didn't work too well as far as remembering the day of the week, season or even when to take my medication but it did remind me how to feel and that I did feel a certain way. Forgetting, literally, how to feel is the worst.

So, I stick to my ipod because I don't want to forget.

Some Silver Lining
I must say, listening to the radio during the afternoon on the weekends or on my way home from work is much nicer. I would be open to doing that more - for two reasons:
  1. I'm too lazy to plug in my ipod.
  2. I can have an influx of new music. 
I use to use Yahoo! Radio or music or whatever they called it and would have it running while I played my all-time favorite game, Mystery Case Files. Then they started using more and more advertisements and then I stopped.

I think I will pop into the radio-world if only to add to my music collection. It is a collection, by the way, I know every song on my playlist like the back of my hand.

Be Part of the Adventure
Do you have a suggestion or want to see me attempt something? Drop me an email at AdventuringAmanda@gmail.com with your suggestion.

Image Credit
Radio from experiencepros.com

0 comments:

Post a Comment