Dec 19, 2012

Eat and Egg McMuffin


Mission Level: Success
. . .but really a fail

McDonald's (USA) serves 27 million people every day and on December 14, 2012, I became one of them. The last time I even tried McDonald's was probably 2005, well before I was diagnosed.Since I have had a couple items as a child from McDonald, it was decided I need a breakfast item.

It was also 8:00am.

People seem shocked by the fact that I do not eat fast food – I can’t even describe the shock on their faces. I actually think maybe something happened behind me, like someone grew horns – when I say I have never been to Burger King, ate at Wendy’s once, have never driven through any drive-thru (minus the bank) and haven’t had McDonald's since 2000.
"Manda," they cry. "Manda! Are you a vegetarian? Are you super healthy?" Or something more like, "Wow, what's wrong with you?"

I did not grow up eating fast food – maybe once in a blue moon – and I certainly did not eat a lot of fast food in my adult life. I enjoy the occasional Taco Bell, don’t get me wrong, but, I prefer to whip up my own tacos because I can eat more for less.

But, back to this adventure - as a bonus, I was delivered the Sausage Egg McMuffin variety of breakfast do-hicky. Just imagine my coworkers chatting, "eat it, eat it, eat it!"

I took those bites
How Did It Go?
I was surprised, actually, that it seemed like a real English muffin. Real cheese, maybe. It wasn't like it was real meat in there. The cheese was processed, you could tell. The muffin part seemed ok, the normal chewy-cheapness (and I love English muffins).

This seems to be. . ok?
Yeah – by 8:36, I decided this was a bad choice. My tummy was on fire. ON FIRE. In fact, just like the last time that I ate in McDonald's (circa 2000) the food stayed like a rock in my tummy. My probotics did not help. Nor did the apple I sent down to talk it out with the McMuffin.

What did I just eat?! I did some research which did not make me feel any better about life. After all, isn't McDonald's starting to say they are "healthy" now?

I do not feel better about my life
I didn't eat again until about 7pm that might. Then I settled for some seafood paella.

Future Plans
Never. Again.

This is a bad choice food. I’m sure one or two of those ingredients is eating through my stomach lining and a couple more are trying to claw their way out. A few others are trying to get out way they came.

If eating this stuff is “normal,” I’m going to stick to being abnormal.

My coworker did say I was a wuss because I couldn't handle the McMuffin. I mean, I handled the McMuffin - I just wasn't happy. However, everyone else in my little department agreed they get cravings and enjoy having one a couple times a month.

Never. Again.
Be Part of the Adventure
Do you have a suggestion or want to see me attempt something? Drop me an email at AdventuringAmanda@gmail.com with your suggestion.

Image Credit
Image from foodfacts.com.

0 comments:

Post a Comment